It is a new year! It is 2014! Last year is now history. It is time to make 2014 your best year ever. The best way to do that is to commit to your own personal growth. Remember that “If You Don’t Grow, You Go!”
Here are some thoughts on growth in 2014:
- You have two choices in 2014 (as you do every year): Grow or decline. Next level growth demands that you consciously choose growth and that choice always requires you to change. Change is difficult because that choice is contrary to our natural human instincts.
- Doing more of the same will never take you to the next level. “If you do what you have always done, you will be who you have always been.” When most people decide to grow their plan only reflects an increase in what they have already been doing.
- Effective change always begins with awareness and awareness always leads to choice. People will always choose to change if they are aware that the change will serve their best interest.
- Growth requires courage, and the only way to get it is to develop it. Courage is your conditioned capacity to respond to all life events with positive actions rather than negative beliefs.
- Build on your strengths. Your weaknesses are merely dangers to be avoided. “Never let what you can’t do get in the way of what you can do.” – Coach John Wooden
- Accountability pushes you past your self-imposed limitations. Accountability is the most powerful and effective force in helping you get to the next level. You can’t settle in because you have chosen to be accountable. Accountability leads to personal responsibility.
With those thoughts in mind, I encourage you to choose GROWTH in 2014! Here are some ways to choose GROWTH:
- Reflect on your strengths.
- Set written goals for the year.
- Develop a plan of action for those goals.
- Track your progress.
- Believe that you CAN do it!
- Don’t give up, don’t ever give up!
- Find a good coach or mentor to hold you accountable.
And finally, I encourage you to remember the theme from our soon to be released book, The Turnaround (Jan 2014), If You Don’t Grow, You Go!