Today we begin a new blog series entitled Bring Your Leadership to Life! Join us throughout the month of March and beyond as we feature guest bloggers who share their perspective on how they bring their leadership to life! This blog series highlights the theme of the 2nd Annual Evening for Austin Leading Ladies, an event that SOS Leadership is honored to be hosting in partnership with The Concordia MBA on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at Concordia University Texas. Learn more about this powerful event and register at www.austinleadingladies.com.
I am excited to contribute the first post in the Bring Your Leadership to Life Blog Series! I strive to bring my leadership to life on a daily basis. Some days it’s easier than others. I want to be a leader who makes a difference. I am committed to empowering other leaders to recognize the value of their leadership. Yet, in the midst of my goals and dreams, I know that I am a work in progress. Every leader is on a journey to learn how to lead. Every day I am learning more about my own leadership and how to bring it to life in ways that matter.
When I think about the hallmarks of remarkable leadership, I immediately think about the importance of personal responsibility. Who is responsible for my leadership? ME! Who is responsible for what I say and do on a daily basis? ME! Who is responsible for my growth and development? ME!
I bring my leadership to life when I:
- understand that I am a leader and recognize that having the opportunity to lead is an incredible gift.
- look in the mirror and acknowledge the impact of my leadership.
- recognize my areas of growth and commit to continuing to become the best version of myself.
- don’t give up on my dreams.
- prioritize what matters most to me.
- focus on healthy striving rather than allowing perfectionism to win.
- am grateful for the people I encounter on a daily basis who are helping me to grow and develop as a leader.
- teach my children that they are leaders.
- remind other leaders that their leadership matters.
- forgive those who let me down.
- use the gifts I’ve been given well.
- lift up the people around me.
- learn from my failures and mistakes.
- serve those around me, particularly those who are most in need.
I bring my leadership to life because it is intertwined with my life’s purpose. I firmly believe that I am called to be a servant leader, and I am humbled to answer the call to leadership.
I feel certain that ALL leaders are called to help other leaders bring their leadership to life, which is one of the greatest gifts we receive on our respective leadership journeys.
Stay tuned in the days to come as the Bring Your Leadership to Life Series continues….