Last year I attended MomCom for the first time and was blown away! It was an incredible experience, hearing the wisdom shared by other Moms, meeting so many amazing Moms, and getting challenged to continue to think about my role as a Mother and what it means to me.
I couldn’t wait to attend the conference again this year, and it didn’t disappoint! In fact, the conference was even bigger and better than the last one! In November the Austin Leading Ladies group that I founded co-hosted an event with the MomCom team where we discussed Leadership Lessons from Motherhood. We had a powerful discussion about the reality that, as Mothers, we are our kids’ first example of real leadership. I was honored to be able to team up MomCom because we share the value of bringing women together with a focus on inspiration, relationship-building, and leadership.
I’m excited to share some of the key takeaways from MomCom 2014:
- “Plan your way out of fear.” ~ Melissa Garvey, Publisher, AW Media, Inc.
- “There is not a single woman you meet that you can’t learn from.” ~ Glennon Doyle Melton, Momastery.com
- “If you want happy kids, you have to be a happy Mom.” ~ Heather Schuck, Founder of GlamaLife/Glamajama
- “Balance is impossible; memories are better.” ~ Marci Fair, Author of 7 Solutions To Be A Guilt-free Working Mom
- “You gotta surround yourself with ‘yes’ people.” ~ Elizabeth Kreutz, Award Winning Photojournalist
- “It gets scary at times, but I don’t quit.” ~ Bridget Dunlap, Entrepreneur and the Rainey Street Pioneer
- “To become yourself, you have to know yourself!” — Meredith Walker, Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls
- “Those aspects of ourselves that make us individuals are actually the source of our own beauty, our super power.” ~ Karen Walrond, Author of The Beauty of Different & http://Chookooloonks.com
- “Balance is life with no regrets.” ~ Heather Schuck, Founder of GlamaLife/Glamajama
Hats off to the MomCom Team! I can’t wait for next year’s conference. Congratulations on a job well done!
To all of the fabulous Moms I met at the conference, I’m glad that you are now part of my world. I hope our paths cross often!
Lastly, be sure to get your tickets for the 2nd Annual Evening for Austin Leading Ladies on March 26th at Concordia University. You can get all of the details and register here: http://austinleadingladies.com